Important Annoucement - We are updating all of our information and announcements at
www.narrowsleague.org Click Stadium and you will find our most recent information.
Future Ninth Grade Athlete Night
Our evening for incoming ninth graders to meet our coaches and learn about our athletic programs will be Monday, February 23. The program will begin the gym at 6:00 PM.
Baseball/Fastpitch/Golf/Boys'Soccer/Girls' Tennis/Track/Water Polo - Practice starts on March 2
Academic Information for Spring - All students including ninth graders will be required to have a 2.0 grade point average with no more than one E. Students who do not earn the minimum requirement will have until March 6th to improve to the minimum standard. Students who do not have the minimum grade point average by March 6th will be ineligible for the for the spring sports' season.
Girls Water Polo meeting will be Thursday, February 5th after school in room 319
Girls Track meeting will be Thursday, February 5th after school in room 320
Tennis Meeting for girls will be Friday, February 6th after school in the library
Senior citizens, visiting students with ASB will be $4.00.
Tacoma Public School students with ASB are free at Tacoma Public School venues.
The following forms must be completed and submitted to Mr. Catalinich, Athletic Director, before a student-athlete can participate in sports:
1. An emergency card must be completed. These are available at the school or can be downloaded from the Tacoma School District website or from our classroom website for “athletics.” This document requires a parent signature and medical insurance information. A student submits a new emergency card each time he/she participates in a sport.
2. The Athletics and Activities High School Physical and Eligibility Form must be completed. These are available at the school or can be downloaded from the Tacoma School District website or from our classroom website for “athletics.” This document is four pages long. Please read and complete each page. Pages 1, 2, and 4 require parent and student signatures. This form must be completed for each school year.
3. Parents and students are to read the Tacoma School District Concussion Information form. A parent and the student are to sign the form. These are available at the school or can be downloaded from the Tacoma School District website or from our classroom website for “athletics.” This form must be completed for each school year.
4. Our own Stadium High School Athletic Department Hazing Policy must be read and signed by the parent and student. This form is available at the school or can be downloaded from our classroom website for “athletics.” This form is not available on the Tacoma School District website. This form must be completed for each school year.
5. A student athlete must show his or her Identification card with an ASB sticker or a receipt for the ASB sticker. The ASB sticker can be purchased for 30.00 in the main office.
Information about Physical Exams
Physical exams are valid for 13 months if the student submits the TacomaSchool DistrictHigh School Physical and Eligibility Form. Physical exams submitted on alternative forms are valid for 12 months unless the physician allows for 13 months. In no circumstance will a physical be valid for more than 13 months regardless of the physician’s recommendation.
New students to Stadium including Tacoma School District incoming 9th graders have the responsibility to secure and deliver their physicals from their previous schools. These are generally not forwarded to the Stadium Athletic Department.
Information about Insurance
The TacomaSchool District emergency card and the High School Physical and Eligibility Form have blanks for medical insurance information. Medical insurance or DSHS medical coverage is a requirement for participating in sports.
There is a Student Insurance Program if your student does not have medical coverage. The family completes the form and sends it to the insurance company. The company then sends a proof of insurance statement which is then submitted to the Athletic Director. These forms are available at the school.
Students in grades 10, 11, 12 must have earned a 2.0 grade point average from the previous spring semester and passed 5 classes to participate in games, matches, and races. Students who have not achieved a 2.0 or passed a minimum 5 classes will be on probation until Monday, October 1st. Students who earn a 2.0 and passed 5 classes will then be eligible; those who do not are ineligible for the remainder of the sport season.
Students in grade 9 must have passed a minimum of 5 out of 6 classes, 6 out of 7 classes, or 7 out of 8 classes depending on the curriculum of the school where the student attended previous semester to be eligible. 9th grade students who have not passed the minimum number of classes will be on probation until Monday, October 1st. On the 1st of October, 9th grade students on probation will have to be passing a minimum of 5 classes.
Please direct questions to our Athletic Director, Jim Catalinich at email@example.com. He will check his email weekly.
James Catalinich, Athletic Director
|website hit counters|