Capitals Testing Schedule
Students are responsible for knowing the capital, 2 letter abbreviation of the state, and the location.
Pre-Test: 03/03/17 - all 50
Quiz 1 - 03/10/17 - Northeast States (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont) and Mid-Atlantic (New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania) - 9 Total
Quiz 2 - 03/17/17 - Midwest (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin) and West North Central (Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota) - 11 Total
Quiz 3 - 03/24/17 - South (Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, District of Columbia, and West Virginia) - 9 Total
Quiz 4 - 03/31/17 - South Continued (Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas) - 8 Total
Quiz 5 - 04/14/17- West (Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington) - 13 total
For 8th grade social studies, here is the general outline of the year!
- JA (Junior Achievement) - September to mid-October
- Field Trip to JA in Auburn on October 29th and 30th
- Parent volunteers will be needed! Please contact me or the front office right away if you're interested! :)
- Civics Unit (End of October to December)
- CBA (Social studies equivalent of standard testing) - takes place in December
- Colonies to Civil War/Beyond (January to June)
- Textbook work focused
To see weekly updates on classwork and homework, please look at the calendar located under the left side, "classwork & HW". Also, I will send out updates to students through remind.com (sends them a text/message directly to their phone, please see me for details).
Looking for Language Arts?
Looking for language arts? Click here.