I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as your child's Lower Montessori teacher this school year. I am looking forward to an exciting year. Your child will be learning with leaps and bounds throughout the year as we work on skills such as, math, literacy, spelling, social studies, science, art, music, physical education and computers.
We are setting high standards as we gear up for the Literacy Assessment TSI and DRA, I-Ready, and Math SBAC. Students will need to meet these exemplars set by the Tacoma School District. Therefore, we will be getting a good start on the curriculum this year. My goal is to create an environment in which all students may experience success; socially, emotional, physically and academically. The beginning of the year is a great time to set the foundation for learning and good study habits. Success breeds success and with success comes confidence.
Behavioral expectations are as follows:
* do their best to follow classroom and school rules
* show respect for others, both children and adults
* show respect for the work and property of others
* listen to and follow directions from teachers and others in authority at school
* complete all homework assignments as given
* be responsible for their actions and talk appropriately to others
* no gum chewing at school and no toys allowed at school
Parents are welcome to volunteer in our classroom and in our school. Please contact me if you are interested. Attendance is extremely important to the success of the student. Please send a written excuse upon his/her return to school, even if you have talked to someone at the school. Backpacks are imperative to carry books and supplies to and from school. Make sure they are waterproof (it rains a lot around here!).
Sincerely, Mrs. Michelle Gilletti