Mrs Rigoulot Welcomes you to
Tacoma's elementary school counselors provide a number of services for students and families. These services may include:
- Individual guidance for students regarding academic progress, social and personal concerns, and educational planning.
- Small groups for personal, social, and academic needs. Focus may include learning skills, decision-making, friendship, acceptance of responsibility, and self-concept.
- Classroom guidance activities dealing with the normal developmental concerns of children. Topics might include building a positive self-image, getting along with others, making choices, career awareness, and self awareness.
- Parent consultation regarding student progress, behavior, and academic growth.
- Special program assistance in the referral, assessment, and placement of students in specialized programs such as special education, gifted, bilingual, or remediation.
- Referral assistance and consultation with community agencies and services for families who indicate need or interest.
- Orientation and transition assistance for students new to school and for those transitioning between grade levels.
Direct Line: 253-571-7127
Main office 253-571-7100