To join PTA, sign up for the directory and volunteer please visit: https://www.pt-avenue.com/login.asp on the left hand side enter code "Belugas" and then click register on the upper right hand corner on the Browns Point home screen. Enter your contact information, indicate whether you would like to be included in the PTA directory (paper copies will be distributed this fall), and let us know if you would like to be added to any volunteer lists. Finally, add additional family members (including your children) and let us know what grade/ class they are in.
Helpful hint: if you do not have a home phone or prefer to use your cell phone number as your primary contact, please enter the cell number in the home phone number space in order for it to be listed correctly on the print version.
To pay your dues/donate Beluga Bucks visit the on-line store on the home page of PT Avenue to pay dues via credit card and to donate any additional Beluga Bucks you wish (Belugas Bucks are a tax deductible donation to support grants to teachers and staff to enhance learning the classroom).
Are you "In the Loop"?
Receive weekly emails highlighting upcoming Browns Point activities as well as important information.
To send an email to Browns Point PTA: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your email is for a particular Board Member or Committee Chair, please indicate the name in the Subject line. We will do our best to get back to you within 3 days of receiving your email.
Please leave a message with the school office at 253-571-7600.
Phone messages may not be checked daily.
DIRECT PHONE or EMAIL:
If you wish to speak to one of the Board or Executive Committee members directly, please see below for contact information.
Please report web site errors to: email@example.com
Support Browns Point PTA while you shop! Here are two easy ways to help out PTA:
1. Sign up on AmazonSmile, a simple and automatic way for you to support Browns Point PTA every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the same prices, selection and shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion (0.5%) of the purchase price to us! For more info go to: http://smile.amazon.com/about/ref=smi_se_ft_abt_saas and choose Browns Point PTA as your charity.
2. Fred Meyer Community Rewards. Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Browns Point PTA at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number (80923). Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping Browns Point PTA earn a donation! Don’t worry--you still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today. If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store. For more information, please visit: www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
Thanks for your support!
The EC is made up of the officers of the local PTA Unit. These individuals are elected in April of each year. A Nominations Committee recruits individuals and submits the slate to the general membership for vote.
Anne and Michael Gintz
Member at Large
All PTA programs, events and activities need team leaders plus committee/program volunteers. We encourage all Browns Point Elementary PTA members and parents to participate. We have opportunities big and small – from chairing/ leading a committee, to sending in store bought food items for school events. To volunteer or for more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers coordinate with teachers to provide monthly art activity for students.
- No special background in art is necessary.
- Volunteers research and plan special assemblies for the entire school.
- Volunteers help promote the Books for Birthdays program which brings new books in the school library.
- Volunteers organize end of year celebration and serve cake to program participants.
- Volunteers needed to help with collection and organization of books and with helping students “shop” for books during the book swap days.
- Volunteers will assist students who want to walk/ run the equivalent of a marathon on the track during recess. Volunteers needed to help with tracking student mileage, promoting event and coordinating prizes.
- Volunteers needed to advertise and promote week long challenge for students to read books at home and plan prizes/ rewards for participants.
- Volunteers needed to help with school wide community service project, making no sew fleece blankets.
- Volunteers needed to assist with backpack program in conjunction with FISH Food Bank.
- Volunteers organize and facilitate BPE’s biggest fundraiser.
- Volunteers needed to procure prizes, and assist with daily collections in the weeks leading up to the Dance-a-thon.
- Volunteers assist with stocking and maintaining emergency preparedness supplies; including inventory & restocking classroom emergency supplies.
- Parents of 5th graders needed to assist with fifth grade fundraiser. The fifth grade fundraiser helps to offset the cost of camp and helps to fund the fifth grade party.
- Volunteers needed to plan end of year celebration for graduating fifth grade students.
- Volunteers procure/donate food and drink for specific events (Veteran's Day assembly, etc.) as requested by Hospitality Chair.
- Volunteers distribute Popcorn Friday notices, collect money, pop and distribute popcorn on Fridays to support 5th grade camp and party.
- Volunteers help with PTA membership information updates through data entry support – majority of work is in the fall.
- Volunteers help set up all school movie night, serve concessions and clean up after the event.
- Volunteers donate, prepare and serve continental breakfast to Kindergarten parents and parents of new students.
- Volunteers count and prepare Box Tops and Soup Labels for redemption to raise funds supporting PTA activities.
- Volunteers promote additional rewards programs such as Amazon Smile and Fred Meyer Rewards.
- Volunteers explain program to students in all classrooms, distribute rules and entry forms, collect art and sort for judging, judging process (finding judges, delivery & pickup), setting up Reflections Art Show, returning advancing art.
- Volunteers set-up, sell and promote Scholastic Books during week-long event at BPE.
- Volunteers administer spelling pre-tests; help grade spelling pre-tests; write sentences for spelling tests; serve as spelling bee pronouncer; judge; time-keeping; etc.
- Volunteers create and prepare certificates and awards.
- Volunteers promote sales of Beluga t-shirts and sweatshirts and distribute orders.
- Help with editing and distribution of the Student Phone Directory.
- Volunteers develop and facilitate ideas, procure treats, bake and plan school-wide recognition projects to celebrate teachers and staff the first full week in May in conjunction with Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Volunteers take photos, work with publisher, sort and distribute finished project.
- Dads Of Great Students gets more fathers and men involved at school. Volunteers (men) asked to give one day a year at our school.